Yamaha PSR-SX920 and PSR-SX920 Announced !

• mustplay
  • mustplay's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User

Yamaha PSR-SX920 and PSR-SX920 Announced !

1 week 5 days ago
Hey everyone!I just wanted to share some exciting news for all members out there—Yamaha has just released two new models: the PSR-SX920 and the PSR-SX720!
Both models seem like they’ll be fantastic additions to Yamaha’s lineup, whether you're a professional or an enthusiast. They’re designed to inspire creativity and enhance your musical performances.
What do you think about these new keyboards? Are you planning to upgrade or try them out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nenifoofer
  • User
  • User

Re: Yamaha PSR-SX920 and PSR-SX920 Announced !

1 week 5 days ago
Keen to find out more and make some comparisons - not sure if I should upgrade or save and go up to the Genos at this point. I do like the portability of my sx900 for doing gigs. Won't be doing anything in a hurry. It isn't easy to do a test drive from Country Victoria in Australia. I will try check them out in a city on a trip in the future. :) 

• Leading Edge
  • User
  • User

1 week 5 days ago
Introductory video not showing any great improvements or additions over the SX900.  However, early days and I will decide whether to upgrade from the 900 when more detailed information becomes available.

• demopaul
  • User
  • User

1 week 5 days ago
From what I can see, the 920 adds a few more sounds and styles.  If you already have a working 900 or can get one significantly cheaper than the new 920, it's probably the smarter choice.  

• christopherfernandes
  • User
  • User

1 week 4 days ago
Looking forward to get the factory styles from this keyboard and try them out on my SX900. 

• AllanM
  • User
  • User

1 week 3 days ago
I have to admit, after a look through the 920 specs, I was left slightly disappointed and even underwhelmed. 
I will be keeping my 900.

• Leading Edge
  • User
  • User

1 week 3 days ago
I was underwhelmed too.  The only real extra for me would be the addition of SA2 voices.   Some additional new styles in neither here nor there as I have so many already.

After three or four years with the SX900 I was eager to upgrade to the latest SX but I'm somewhat disappointed in what's on offer.  The 900 has served me well, it's a great keyboard and for the time-being I'm going to hang on to it rather than spend another load of cash upgrading.   In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on user reviews when the hype dies down a bit.

1 week 3 days ago
I am going to upgrade from the sx 700 to the sx 920.

• porterma
  • User
  • User

1 week 2 days ago
From the demo that I watched, one aspect that caught my eye was the ability of the sx920 to change the time signature of any style. So I assume that if you had a style that you liked in 4/4 time but wanted to use it with a song that was written in 3/4 time you could use this function to make this change and then save the style.

• maarkr
  • User
  • User

1 week 1 day ago
I've had my SX900 for less than a year and invested a LOT of time learning it.  (missing the old PSRTut forum) I looked at a promo vid for the new 920 and did not see much to upgrade , new voice categories, portamento for 'm wondering if the new styles or voices on the 920 can be used on the 900?  what would the superart2 or + voices sound like on the 900?  will someone post the new voices or styles so we can check them out?  thinking I'm not going to upgrade unless I'm offered a good deal for my 900.
aka Gene Maarkr, Yamaha SX-900, Roland FA-06, Casio PX-5S, Studio One DAW, guitars, drums, etc.

• kkemp111
  • User
  • User

4 days 13 hours ago
I have the 900 .. and I have to agree .. I was looking forward to this ..  but there's nothing new to get excited about .. I don't think I'll upgrade just yet

• thomas750
  • User
  • User
  • music is everthing to me

1 day 7 hours ago
Hi all
I have a psrsx 700 and iam going to buy soon the new psr sx 920 its got a lot of new things so i hope to get it soon
Thomas

• RaulOAlves
  • User
  • User

14 hours 57 minutes ago - 4 hours 9 minutes ago
I asked Yamaha if I should do an update for the PSR SX900 but the answer was negative. However I downloaded the PSR SX920 Bonus Playlist but it does not work on the PSR SX900.
Last edit: 4 hours 9 minutes ago by alexkey.

Copyright © 2024 PsrStyles.com and the forum.psrstyles.com. All Rights Reserved. 

Unofficial Yamaha Keyboards forum.