Tech help!

• demopaul
  • demopaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User

Tech help!

1 week 3 days ago
Two tech questions:
1 Can I create a registration (or better yet an assignable button) that will simultaneously change the upper octave and turn a part off or on? I don't want it to make any other changes; the voice, style, etc. all have to remain the same. If yes, I may need detailed instructions.  (The manuals aren't much help.)
2 Is it safe to assume registrations made on a Genos1 can be used on an SX900 assuming they only point to voices, styles, and features common to both instruments?
THANKS for any help available!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maarkr
  • User
  • User

Re: Tech help!

1 week 8 hours ago
not sure what you mean by 'change the upper octave' but any voice or changes you make in the mixer can be saved to a registration. If you use reg's to save your songs that you build, then just save your changes to the reg following your active , Reg 1 saves Var A that you have saved all parameters including a mixer setup. Change your voice octave and mute the part in the mixer, then save to Reg 2.
aka Gene Maarkr, Yamaha SX-900, Roland FA-06, Casio PX-5S, Studio One DAW, guitars, drums, etc.

• demopaul
  • demopaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User

Re: Tech help!

1 week 6 hours ago
I appreciate the responses, but I obviously haven't been clear about what I'm trying to do.  Not a problem, because I really suspect it can't be done anyway.
AS A WORKAROUND, it could be really helpful if I could control the upper octave setting and/or the part on/off setting with assignable keys.  I think that could be done, but I haven't figured out how.  That would allow me to press 2 adjacent keys to accomplish what I'm trying to do.  
AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES!

Copyright © 2024 PsrStyles.com and the forum.psrstyles.com. All Rights Reserved. 

Unofficial Yamaha Keyboards forum.