Yamaha Chord Tracker and Yamaha PSR-S900

• joaomaya@gmail.com
  • joaomaya@gmail.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • User

Yamaha Chord Tracker and Yamaha PSR-S900

2 weeks 4 days ago
I have my keyboard Yamaha PSR-S900 connected to my computer by USB cable and it works fine, i can send data to the keyboard through Cakewalk and there are no issues. I installed Chord Tracker on my new Xiaomi Redmi 12c 128Gb and i have an adapter Micro USB to USB A female and i connected to the same cable i use with the computer, Chord Tracker detect it and asked to allow Portatone.
When i try the option send to instrument, it shows an error "Chord Tracker could not comunicate with instrument"
Is there someone else with the same problem?
Someone knows a solution for this?
Ive tried with 2 diferent adapters (an OTG cable  and a USB Adapter Micro USB to USB A Female) and it didn't work, always the same error
Could someone help me? This Chord Tracker App is awsome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mustplay
  • User
  • User

Re: Yamaha Chord Tracker and Yamaha PSR-S900

2 weeks 4 days ago
joaomaya@=500 wrote: I have my keyboard Yamaha PSR-S900 connected to my computer by USB cable and it works fine, i can send data to the keyboard through Cakewalk and there are no issues. I installed Chord Tracker on my new Xiaomi Redmi 12c 128Gb and i have an adapter Micro USB to USB A female and i connected to the same cable i use with the computer, Chord Tracker detect it and asked to allow Portatone.
When i try the option send to instrument, it shows an error "Chord Tracker could not comunicate with instrument"
Is there someone else with the same problem?
Someone knows a solution for this?
Ive tried with 2 diferent adapters (an OTG cable  and a USB Adapter Micro USB to USB A Female) and it didn't work, always the same error
Could someone help me? This Chord Tracker App is awsome
It sounds like you've been thorough in your troubleshooting. Here are a few additional things to check that might help resolve the issue:
  1. Check the USB Settings: Ensure that your Xiaomi Redmi 12c's USB settings are configured correctly for OTG connections. Sometimes, you might need to enable OTG or select the correct mode (like "File Transfer" or "MIDI") in the USB settings.
  2. Verify Chord Tracker Permissions: Make sure that Chord Tracker has all the necessary permissions to access USB devices. Go to your phone’s settings and check app permissions for Chord Tracker.
  3. Update the App and Device: Ensure that both Chord Tracker and your Xiaomi Redmi 12c have the latest updates. Sometimes, updates can fix compatibility issues.
  4. Check the USB Connection: Even though you've tried different adapters, ensure that the USB cable you're using is in good condition and is compatible with both your keyboard and your phone.
  5. Try a Different MIDI App: As a test, you might want to try another MIDI app to see if it communicates with your keyboard. This can help determine if the issue is specific to Chord Tracker or a broader connectivity issue.
  6. Consult the Manual: Sometimes, specific instructions for connecting your keyboard to mobile devices are included in the device manual or on the manufacturer's website. Check if there are any special settings or modes required for mobile connections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Copyright © 2024 PsrStyles.com and the forum.psrstyles.com. All Rights Reserved. 

Unofficial Yamaha Keyboards forum.